ROBUS PROTON UNIVERSAL 360 PIR
|Through Hole, SMD
|Film (X2), Aluminum Electrolytic, Ceramic
|220 - 240 VAC 50/60 Hz
The ROBUS PROTON UNIVERSAL 360° PIR sensor (RU360-01) is a typical ceiling mountable PIR motion sensor intended for indoor lighting applications sold in the Australian and EU markets.
Alternate re-brands (OEM unknown)
- MATelec FMS-12080
Device does not function or behaves erratically
- Film capacitor in the 'capacitive dropper' power supply has degraded and no longer passes enough current for the device to operate correctly.
Damaged metalized film in JIMSON GMF X2 100 nF film capacitor
- Replace both X2 film capacitors (C29 & C30)
|non-isolated mains voltage 'capacitive dropper' style power supply. Low voltage circuity still poses a shock hazard.WARNING This device contains a
- Front bezel quarter turn to remove and expose controls
- 4 self tapping screws hold enclosure together, PH2 bit size
- 3 plastic clips hold enclosure onto surface mounting plate
- Ensure potentiometers are correctly aligned with plastic knobs during re-assembly
Main PCB (only one)
No model numbers or board revisions visible
Original JIMSON GMF series X2 mains film capacitors
|17.5 mm x 10.0 mm
|Capacitance decrease, measured 0.383 µF
|12.5 mm x 6.0 mm
|Capacitance decrease, measured 0.032 µF
The replacement Vishay 339 series film capacitors have higher ratings and should be expected to last far longer than the original capacitors.
Top (w/ new caps)
Bottom (w/ new caps)
|Compatible Part Number
If parts are not available or different selection is preferred, you can use the values in the Original Parts section to perform a parametric search
NOTE Vishay recommends the F1772 series X2 'high stability grade' film capacitor for 'capacitive dropper' power supply applications. Use this if available in correct package for your device, otherwise Vishay 339 series or similar will suffice.